I had some pears that were a little too ripe, so I went looking for a good way to use them. I LOVE this recipe! Yes, they’re fried… which means I won’t make these very often, but they were delicious! 🙂
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pear – peeled, cored, and diced
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- oil for deep frying
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the pears until caramelized, then set aside to cool.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Add egg and milk into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold the pears into the batter.
- Heat oil to 350℉. Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls into the hot oil and fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- This recipe makes 4 servings.
The calorie count per serving is 350, but they are just so good! In fact, I think my kids would have eaten the whole batch if I had let them… 🙂 The consistency and texture were great – not too dense and just crispy enough. My favorite part was the addition of the pepper. I loved the little bit of pop that it gave the fritters. Definitely a great way to get rid of overripe pears!