I tasted this at a good friend’s baby shower and I instantly fell in love with it! To me, it’s the perfect fall soup! Luckily, it tasted just as good – even though I changed it a bit! Here’s my version! 🙂
Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 butternut squash (about 2 lbs)
- 3 cups water
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 8z package cream cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Add water, bouillon, majoram, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Cut squash in half and place face down on a plate (one half at a time). Microwave for 10 minutes each.
- Scoop out cooked squash and add to cream cheese in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Add squash mixture to saucepan and heat through. Do not allow to boil.
- This recipe makes 5-6 mug-sized servings.
I’m not sure exactly what the calorie count ends up being for this recipe (I know it’s less than 400 since I lessened the amount of cream cheese used), but I’m pretty sure it’s worth it. This soup is incredibly delicious and super easy to make! I’m sure it will be a fall/winter staple in our house!