I was looking for a fall treat that would save me a trip to Starbucks and this is what I came up with!
Spiced White Hot Chocolate
- 1 packet/serving of white chocolate hot cocoa
- water (usually 6oz)
- 2-3 tbsp Sweet Cream coffee creamer
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- whipped cream (optional, but delicious 🙂 )
- Make the hot cocoa with water according to directions.
- Mix in creamer and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add whipped cream to top if desired and enjoy!
The calorie count is about 220 if you skip the whipped cream and stick to 2 tbsp of creamer, but that obviously changes depending on your ingredients! I’m seriously head over heels for this. I even have a “grown up” version that I’ll have to share at some point. As far as ingredients go, I’ve tried a few different things. For the hot cocoa, I’ve used Hershey’s Bliss and Stephen’s Gourmet Hot Cocoa (a.k.a. the only white chocolate hot cocoa I could find at Kroger 🙂 ). For the creamer, I’ve tried Coffee-mate’s Italian Sweet Créme and their Natural Bliss Sweet Cream. All combinations have been delicious! I’m also dying to try it with a white chocolate hot cocoa K-cup, but I haven’t seen any in the store yet so I may have to order those online.
Hope you enjoy!