I made this with chocolate cupcakes for Noah’s birthday. The kids enjoyed them and the little bit I had tasted like the filling of a peanut butter cup! Yum!
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp milk, or as needed
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Mix the butter and peanut butter until well blended.
- Gradually add in the sugar, and when it starts to get thick, incorporate the milk one tbsp at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in.
- The frosting should be thick and spreadable.
- Beat for 3 minutes for a fluffier texture.
- This recipe makes about 16 servings.
At about 209 calories per serving, this is something that I won’t be making often (even thought it’s super easy). I’m not a big fan of chocolate cake, though, so when Noah requested it for his birthday, I figured I’d do something to make it a little more interesting! 🙂 And it worked! The kids loved it, as you can see here!