These are delicious!!! I had to tweak the recipe a bit, but they turned out wonderfully!
Peanut Butter Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (I used smooth)
- 1 cup milk (I added more to get a thinner batter)
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- Stir together flour, sugar and baking powder. Set aside.
- Mix egg with peanut butter until blended well. Stir in milk and oil.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix well. Add in extra milk if necessary to get desired consistency.
- Heat skillet to medium heat. Pour mix onto skillet and flip each pancake when bubbles break the surface.
- Serve with syrup, powdered sugar, or a handful of chocolate chips.
- This recipe makes about 16 pancakes, depending on how big you make them.
At about 93 calories per pancake, these are fairly reasonable. After adding the extra milk for a thinner batter, I found that they cooked well – very evenly and with a nice carmel color on the outside. The inside was very fluffy and the peanut butter twist was delicious. The kids loved them!
I tried these out last weekend and I thought they were great also! The peanut butter taste is a bit of a surprise at first but it was a nice hint of flavor without being overwhelming. Adding a tiny bit of chocolate chips definitely didn’t hurt them either! Thanks for adding the recipe, it was great to try something different.