Cinnamon Sour Cream Biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup margarine (I used butter)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup raisins (I used 1/4 cup)
- 2 tbsp milk (for biscuits)
- 2 tsp milk (for glaze – I used 3 tsp)
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, white sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix in margarine/butter.
- Add sour cream, 2 tbsp milk, and raisins – stirring until just combined.
- On floured surface, pat dough to 1/2″ thickness. Cut with biscuit cutter (I used a cookie cutter). Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 450°F for 10-12 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Stir together confectioners’ sugar and 2 or 3 tsp milk. Drizzle over biscuits.
- This recipe makes about a dozen biscuits.
At 232 calories per biscuit, they’re not something I’d make often, but I’d like to think that I cut those calories a little bit by using fat free ingredients whenever possible! 😉 Regardless, they were pretty tasty and the kids really enjoyed them. With a texture somewhere between a scone and a biscuit, they’re really delicate, which I love. I also like that they taste like a less sweet version of a cinnamon roll. Yum!!! And since they look pretty presentable, I’m sure I’ll be pulling out this recipe for showers and parties in the future! I might even try smaller cookie cutters to see if that would work! 🙂